Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center

La Luz Apostolica La Luz Apostolica
Latin American District Council of the Assemblies of God (1916-1973)

History:

La Luz Apostolica (Apostolic Light) was the most significant early Assemblies of God periodical for Spanish-speakers in the United States. H. C. (Henry Cleophas) Ball, an Assemblies of God missionary to Hispanics, began publishing La Luz Apostolica in 1916 while pastoring in Kingsville, Texas. Ball organized the first convention of Spanish-speaking pastors in 1918 and was elected as the first superintendent of the Latin American District Council of the Assemblies of God in 1929. La Luz Apostolica became the district's official publication. Ball served as editor until the periodical ceased publication in 1973.


PDF Collection Holdings:
  • 1936-1973 (incomplete)

La Luz Apostolica is also available in the following digital product:
View this periodical:



Many issues of La Luz Apostolica have not yet been located. If you are aware of the location of missing issues that are not on this website, please contact the Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center at archives@ag.org.
Login for free access to full site and to order materials






Archive Quick Search: Advanced Search
Sort By:
Resource Types:
Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center
1445 North Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802